Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design (BERD) Core
The BERD Core is a primary MW CTR-IN support service core that provides project consultations and collaboration in biostatistic, analysis, and research design support needed for successful research projects
BERD CORE OVERVIEW
Biostatistics, Epidemiology, & Research Design
The Biostatistics, Epidemiology, & Research Design (BERD) Core offers project consultations, analysis, and collaboration support in biostatistics, bioinformatics, and epidemiology to investigators. Both classroom and online training sessions are available in the form of lectures, seminars, or workshops. By leveraging the complementary expertise of its faculty members across the 12 Mountain West Partner Universities, the BERD Core is able to offer both local and cross-site support for investigators. Mountain West Region Investigators of all levels are encouraged to engage with the BERD Core at any stage of their respective project in order to boost the quality, consistency, and productivity of their research.
The BERD Core provides consultation and collaboration support for investigators with the following needs (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Designs for epidemiologic studies, clinical trials, preventive trials, and surveys, implementation science, and omics studies
- Sample size calculation and power analysis
- Medical and health informatics
- Analysis of large databases including EMR
- Analysis and modeling of temporal (longitudinal) and spatial data
- Bioinformatics and analysis of omics data
- General biostatistical methods: regressions, logistic regressions, survival models, random-effects models
- Psychosocial methods: latent models, structural equation models
- Data coordination and database management
Need Further Biostatistician Help?
To request support from the BERD Core, please click the button below:
(Please note, Non-Faculty Members are ineligible to submit an intake form)
To contact the MW CTR-IN Administrative Core by phone, you may call (702) 895-1079 between 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays. Or, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.