Community Engagement & Outreach (CEO) Core
The CEO Core is a primary MW CTR-IN support service core that aims to help faculty get the community collaboration support needed for successful research projects
CEO CORE OVERVIEW
Community Engagement & Outreach
The overall objective of the CEO Core is to support investigators across the 12 Mountain West CTR-IN Partner Institutions to positively impact health in vulnerable populations experiencing health disparities. The CEO Core will accomplish its overall objective through the following Specific Aims:
Aim 1: Establish and implement the Community Engagement and Outreach Core to support CTR-IN researchers in conducting health disparities research.
Aim 2: Implement bi-directional communication portals engaging researchers and communities to identify and prioritize health disparity issues and inform CTR-IN research goals.
Aim 3: Integrate community engagement approaches and cultural knowledge into leadership, research, and communication strategies throughout the CTR-IN.
The CEO Core provides consultation and collaboration support for investigators with the following needs (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Establish an online portal of training resources and recordings for investigators to better navigate and conduct research with communities in the Mountain West Region
- Continue developing the CEO Electronic Resource Library
- Offer monthly CEO Site Director Trainings focused on community engagement
- Host another series of Regional Community Advisory Board (CAB) Meetings to update the priority list of health disparities in the MW Region
- Support MW Region Investigators with results dissemination and participant recruitment when needed
Core Faculty & Staff
CEO Core Director: Tony Ward, PhD
CEO Core Associate Director: Jeffrey Peterson, PhD
CEO Core Associate Director: Reimund Serafica, PhD, MSN, APRN, PMPHNP-BC, CNE
CEO Core Associate Director: Lorraine S. Evangelista, PhD, RN, FAAN
Need Further Community Engagement & Outreach Help?
To request support from the CEO Core and for more information on the MW CTR-IN Intake Form, please click the buttons below:
(Please note, Non-Faculty Members are ineligible to submit an intake form)
To contact the MW CTR-IN Administrative Core by phone, you may call (702) 895-1079 between 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays. Or, you may email us at email@example.com at any time.