Visiting Scholars Program
Goal: To facilitate the development of new translational or clinical researchers who have good potential to achieve independent NIH or equivalent funding in clinical or translational research by providing an opportunity to gain skills and experience, and build or extend a collaborative relationship, that can help the recipient become a successful independent investigator.
Eligibility: Early Career or New Investigators per NIH definitions who are eligible to apply for independent NIH funding and hold a faculty appointment at one of the Mountain West Research Consortium (MWRC) institutions.
Call: Open in June and December while funds are available.
Allowable uses: Travel expenses, housing, and research supplies for the recipient to spend time in the laboratory of a successful mentor and travel for mentor to attend the annual meeting.
Application format: A standard defined format with elements including project plan, budget, letters of support, biosketches, and assurance of IRB compliance where required.
Policy considerations: The CTR-IN program strives for equity in support across all 13 partner universities, provided that:
- The applications propose high quality science training as determined by reviewers.
- The plan proposed has good potential to move the applicant toward NIH or equivalent funding as an independent investigator in clinical or translational research.
- The budget is reasonable.
- The plan is feasible within the available time before the end of the project year.
- An end of project report is required.
ALL FUNDS MUST BE EXPENDED BY JUNE 30th OF EACH PROJECT YEAR (July 1 â€“ June 30)
The figure below illustrates the process for review and funding of application for Visiting Scholar support:
To contact the MW CTR-IN Administrative Core by phone, you may call (702) 895-1079 between 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays. Or, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.