Pilot Grants Awarded
Round 2 Pilot Grants Awarded
- Heather Burkin, University of Nevada, Reno
Myometrial mTOR Regulation of Preterm Labor
- Jiguo Chen, University of Alaska, Fairbanks
Clinical application of preferential amplification of pathogenic sequences method
- Mary Jo Cooley Hidecker, University of Wyoming
Expanding the Communication Function Classification System (CFCS) to Adolescents and Adults with Cerebral Palsy
- Andrea Ferrante, University of Alaska, Fairbanks
Immunogenetic analysis of Autoimmune Hepatitis in Alaska Natives
- Jane Grassley, Boise State University Building Young Women’s
Health Literacy Skills through an Online Game to Promote Breastfeeding
- Elizabeth Hodges Snyder, University of Alaska Anchorage
More water in the home for basic hygiene needs: Addressing feasibility, acceptability, and optimization of rainwater capture for rural Alaska homes that do not have in-house piped water.
- Merrill Landers, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
High-intensity exercise and fall prevention boot camp for Parkinsons disease
- Ryan Mays, University of Montana
Community-based walking exercise enhanced by orthoses to improve walking ability in patients with peripheral artery disease
- Mary Miles, Montana State University
Sugar-sweetened beverages decrease benefits of exercise in overweight adults
- Jean Pfau, Idaho State University
Correlating Autoantibody Profiles in Asbestos Lung Disease Phenotypes
- John Scarbrough, New Mexico State University
Screening and Brief Intervention for Diabetes and Hypertension in Medically Underserved Hispanic Males
- Isabel Silvestre, University of Nevada, Reno
Risk of CFS Due to Alleles of IgG Receptor Genes that Impair ADCC
- Mingzhou Song, New Mexico State University
Genome-wide nonparametric functional dependency studies across ethnic populations
- Chantal Vella, University of Idaho
Exercise and c-reactive protein in young, overweight and obese adults
- Xiaomeng Xu, Idaho State University
Understanding the role of self-expansion in physical activity
Round 1 Pilot Grants Awarded
- Blakely Brown, University of Montana
Developing and pilot testing parent education activities within a childhood obesity prevention after-school program.
- Suzanne Christopher, Montana State University
Understanding treatment adherence and health promoting behaviors of individuals with chronic disease on the Crow Reservation.
- Luke Conway, University of Montana
Using Cognitive Complexity Research to Increase Hardened Smokers’ Quit Attempts.
- Kenneth Izuora, University of Nevada, Reno
Impact of periodontal disease on outcomes in diabetes.
- Yu Kuang, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Combined Circulating Tumor DNA and Molecular Imaging to Monitor Therapeutic Response in Sarcoma.
- Seth Walk, Montana State University
Multicenter surveillance of Clostridium difficile infection in the United States: Examination of current testing guidelines.
Round 1A Pilot Grants Awarded
- Brian P. Bothner, Montana State University
Mass spectrometry-based analysis of clinical predictors for hemorrhagic shock.
- Iain Buxton, University of Nevada, Reno
Post-Translational S-nitrosation of Therapeutic Targets in Preterm Labor.
- Robert Coker, University of Alaska, Fairbanks
Muscle Preservation during Weight Loss in Older, Obese Individuals.
- Eric Dugan, Boise State University
Temporal structure of variability in gait post stroke.
- Mark Guiberson, University of Wyoming
Telehealth Behavioral Phenotype Language Impairment Markers for Spanish-speakers.
- Cheryl Jorcyk, Boise State University
Association of serum OSM levels with metastatic breast cancer and therapeutic options.
- David Lee, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Walking biomechanics of persons with amputations wearing the Odyssey bionic ankle.
- Colin McGill, University of Alaska, Anchorage
Devil’s Club: Therapeutic Potential for Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Mary Nies, Idaho State University
Spatial and Census Data to Evaluate Obese Persons and their Environment (SCOPE).
- Samantha Ramsay, University of Idaho
Effectiveness of Child Centered Nutrition Phrases to Improve Food Behaviors.
- Kristynia Robinson, New Mexico State University
Technology use to support behavior change in adults with chronic illness: A pilot.
- Martin Schiller, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Combinatorial GWAS analysis of patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Denise Wingett, Boise State University
An NK cell subset and beta-adrenergic agonist dysregulation of T cell CD40L in asthma.
- Wendy Woodall, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
ERH screening Meical/Dental Risk Factors and CVD, T2 Diabetes, and Sleep Disorders.