The Mountain West CTR-IN offers researchers with faculty appointments at our partner institutions the opportunity to have an NIH Study Section-like external review of their R-type grant proposals by content experts with Study Section experience prior to submission to the NIH or other similar sponsors.
These reviews provide insight into the scientific review process. They are offered to help applicants improve the persuasiveness, scientific content and format of their proposals to make them more competitive prior to submission to the funding agency.
The ATFP Provides the Following Resources:
- Expert pre-review of the content, approach, methods, required elements and general grantsmanship.
- The opportunity to receive written NIH-style reviews and hear a real discussion of your proposal in a simulated Study Section format via video conference.
- The opportunity to discuss the review with the reviewers. (Remember they are always right, your hopes notwithstanding)!
- The opportunity to contact the reviewers following the live discussion for further advice about the proposal style, format, and substance.
- Projects must be Clinical or Translational Research, the CTR-IN is unable to provide review assistance to pre-clinical or basic science research.
- Participants must be US citizens or permanent residents with a faculty appointment at an institution in the Mountain West Research Consortium.
- Individuals who are, or have been, a Principal Investigator on NIH research projects (R01), FIRST Awards (R29), sub-projects of program projects (P01), center grants (P50), or the equivalent are not eligible for this program.
- Acceptable grant types include: R01, R03, R15 (AREA) or R21. The proposed research must be translational or clinical.
Time line for June 2016 submissions to NIH
- Submit the official Letter of Intent Face Page and Abstract (click to download here …) and send to Amy Beaulieu: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM Pacific Time – Monday, March 28.
- The full proposal must be submitted electronically as pdf documents to: Amy Beaulieuamybeaulieu@unr.eduby 5 PM Pacific Time – Monday, April 11.
- Mock Study Section for the June 2016 deadlines will be scheduled approximately the week of May 9th.