Advance to Funding (ATF) Mock Study Section
The Mountain West CTR-IN offers researchers with faculty appointments at our partner institutions the opportunity to have an NIH Study Section-like external review of their R-type grant proposals by content experts with Study Section experience prior to submission to the NIH or other similar sponsors.
These reviews provide insight into the scientific review process. They are offered to help applicants improve the persuasiveness, scientific content and format of their proposals to make them more competitive prior to submission to the funding agency.
The ATFP Provides the Following Resources:
- Expert pre-review of the content, approach, methods, required elements and general grantsmanship.
- The opportunity to receive written NIH-style reviews and hear a real discussion of your proposal in a simulated Study Section format via video conference.
- The opportunity to discuss the review with the reviewers. (Remember they are always right, your hopes notwithstanding)!
- The opportunity to contact the reviewers following the live discussion for further advice about the proposal style, format, and substance.
- Projects must be Clinical or Translational Research, the CTR-IN is unable to provide review assistance to pre-clinical or basic science research.
- Participants must have a full time faculty appointment at a University partner of the MW CTR-IN Program
- Individuals who are, or have been, a Principal Investigator on NIH research projects (R01), FIRST Awards (R29), sub-projects of program projects (P01), center grants (P50), or the equivalent are not eligible for this program.
- Acceptable grant types include: R01, R03, R15 (AREA) or R21. The proposed research must be translational or clinical.
To contact the CTR-IN Administrative Core by phone, you may call (702) 895-1079 between 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays. Or, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.